I am very satisfied with the way that the final version of my audio story turned out. To be honest, there were times that I became frustrated and felt like giving up, but in the end I think that things finally came together to produce a story that I am proud of.
From the beginning I knew that I wanted my project to feel like an advertisement that would be played on the radio. I decided to interview a couple of the men of Sigma Alpha Mu in order to have different perspectives on the questions that I would be asking. I then organized them basically to play one after the other. After I did that the project felt really unorganized and confusing, so I decided to add my own voice asking the questions before I put in their responses.
After reaching the conclusion to put my own voice into the recording I went though and edited out all of the pauses and awkward spaces in the audio tracks. This was the most frustrating and time consuming part of the project, but eventually I got all of the recordings to a place that I was satisfied with. I also was careful to not over due it by editing out too much and making it sound unnatural.
Once I was finished with that the story didn’t seem to have any conclusion. It just ended with one of the guys finishing his responses and it felt weird to me. That is when I decided to end with myself giving out the contact information for Sigma Alpha Mu in order to make the story have some sort of completed feeling.
Finally I added the background music to give the story an upbeat mood. I edited the music so that it would end with the end of the last voice recording. Doing this really helped to tie up the project and give it a conclusion.
Background Music: cdk – Sunday by cdk (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/cdk/53755